The XC550 Eurobike Road Bike has been marketed as an exciting, unisex product designed to deliver a satisfying riding experience. It does that by providing sufficient control over one’s speed and the sort of stability in its frame that gives riders peace of mind.
Of course, most bike manufacturers have a tendency to exaggerate the offerings of their products and the only way to determine the validity of their words is to take their bikes out for a spin.
Eurobike EURXC550 The Features
Is the XC550 Eurobike Road Bike truly the best bike on the road? Well, the only way to answer that question is to look at the features the product has to offer. They include:
The bike has a strong, rigid frame made from durable steel. The manufacturer encourages you to take your height into account before buying one of their bikes. You can get a Eurobike XC550 with a 49cm frame that is compatible with riders ranging between 5’5” and 5’7”. You can also get the 54cm frame which is compatible with users that are between 5’8” and 6’1”.
The iron racing athletic top handlebar provided is supposed to place the rider in the most comfortable position possible when they go out on the road. The handlebar works in tandem with the ergonomic seat to ensure that the rider achieves the best posture to traverse the roads in complete comfort. Depending on your height, you can always adjust the seat.
The XC550 uses a 21-speed shifting system (Shimano A050) to deliver the power you expect from a bike of this design. You can look forward to TX-30 shifters (Shimano) which enable expedient gear shifting. Expect a Shimano TZ 30 derailleur at the front and a Shimano TZ 50 at the back. If you don’t want the hassle of gears, consider looking at a single speed road bike or a belt drive commuter bike.
Besides the 21-speed shifting system, the people behind the Eurobike Road Bike are quite proud of the dual disc brakes (160mm and aluminum). The bike is supposed to funnel extra power to the braking system when weather conditions deteriorate and that extra power can be imputed to the double brakes working with the KMC 7-speed chain.
You are guaranteed additional grip by the tires (700 x 28c).
The maximum weight capacity is 300 pounds.
When this bike finally arrives at your door, you will notice that most of it is assembled, about 85 percent to be exact. That leaves you another 15 percent to complete.
You have to install the handlebar, the front wheel, the seat, and the pedals. You must also add air to the tires. Your package should include every tool you require to put the bike together.
You also get a manual with instructions on the best way to assemble the bike. Follow them carefully. The brake and speed systems require some skill to tune; otherwise, they might fail to work.
The key is to make sure that the front and rear brakes are installed on the left side. And when it comes to adding the front wheel, you are encouraged to rotate the fork 180 degrees before you start.
If you don’t trust your own skills, you should find a professional to help you assemble the bike. Some consumers have complained that the instructions provided are a little vague.
If this is the case for you, then it might be necessary to seek additional help.
Eurobike EURXC550 Pros
1). When you get the Eurobike Road Bike, it is 85 percent assembled. So you don’t have as much work to do to get it ready for the road.
2). You get a manual instructing you on the best way to assemble the bike.
3). The bike comes with every tool you need to assemble it.
4). The Dual Brake System provides reliable stopping power.
5). The bike has an attractive design. It even has alloy rims.
6). The tires are wide. They offer extra grip
7). The steel frame is strong and durable.
Eurobike EURXC550 Cons
1). Assembling the bike is a challenge for some people, and the instructions are not quite as clear as some people would like.
2). The bike isn’t compatible with people taller than 6’1”
3). The bike is somewhat heavy
The Eurobike Road Bike is perfect for beginners. It has limitations but they won’t bother anyone who has just started riding. The 21-speed shifting system provides optimal control over the bike, and the dual disc brakes can be trusted to keep you safe.
You can’t expect more from an entry-level road bike.